Monday, June 20, 2016

Alternative Mews Construction - Pet Kennel Transformation

Hello raptor lovers!  I apologize for the lengthy delay since my last post.  I have been working on the new mews and it is coming along nicely.  My original idea was to utilize a stainless chain-link pet kennel as the base for a mews.  I am about 80% finished now!

I have been documenting my progress during the past few months and I would like to share some of these photos with you.  Maybe this inexpensive construction will be just the thing for one of you falconers on a shoestring budget.  I have a barn with attached horse stalls and I chose to utilize one of the exterior barn walls in order to allow my chain-link kennel to have one less wall/side.  This allows my mews to be larger than I originally planned.  I will post more pictures of the project in the days ahead.  Here are some photos of a window I included.  This window provides a secondary way of interacting with the raptor instead of only having the option of entering the main door.  This window will allow me to remove and insert my hawk into the mew without ever stepping foot into the mew.




Additional photos coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment